Privacy Notice for Therapists Marketing Solutions (TMS)
Your privacy is important to us. The information below sets out how we collect, use and protect any personal data that you give to us.
We are a partnership and are data controllers of the information we hold and process about individuals who have expressed an interest in our service.
About the individuals whose data we collect
We collect data about individuals who:
- Enquire about and/or attend our courses, workshops and other events
- Purchase our products
- Sign up to our newsletters and blog posts
What we do with personal data
The legal basis for processing your data is as follows:
- Contractual obligations in communicating course related information, eg details of course dates, joining instructions, follow up supporting material
- Legitimate interest in communicating information about related products to individuals who have purchased products from us, eg marketing DVDs and downloads
- Consent from individuals who have signed up to our newsletters following training courses, or signed up on line
- Legitimate interest for financial accounting purposes
Storage of personal data
We hold data in both written and electronic form.
Written data collected at events and on other occasions is stored securely in locked cabinets. Relevant data is transferred to electronic format for the purposes of sending e-newsletters, administration and accounting purposes.
Electronic data collected via our shop portal is passed to us via payment gateways such as PayPal or Amazon. It is transferred to spreadsheets on password-protected laptops for accounting purposes, and to a proprietary Email Management System (eg Constant Contact) for the purposes of notifying you when the product has been despatched, and to keep you informed of related products.
Data collected via online sign-up forms is held in a proprietary Email Management System for the purposes of sending e-newsletters. Relevant data is transferred to spreadsheets on password-protected laptops to provide a backup.
Electronic data within emails, text messages, voicemails, social media direct messages is held securely using leading service providers, such as Gmail, Facebook etc, and is accessed via password-protected user accounts, laptops and mobile phones.
Sharing your personal data
We may share your data with third-party service providers who assist us with administering the service we provide to you, eg:
- Email Management System providers to help us communicate with you
- Payment Gateways to process financial transactions
- Event Booking Systems to help us organise training courses
These providers have access to your personal information so that they can perform their functions on our behalf, but they may not use it for other purposes.
With the above exceptions, we will never share your data with a third party without your express permission, unless legally required to do so. Times when we might seek your consent to share your data may include providing a lead to a business opportunity with a third party.
You have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulations:
- To request a copy of the information we hold about you
- To update any of your personal information if it is inaccurate or out of date
- To request that we delete the personal data we hold about you
- To restrict the way in which we process your personal data
- To request that we stop processing your data if you object to us doing so
- To ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party
We will keep your personal data for no longer than necessary for the purposes of providing our service to you and to fulfil our obligations for financial record keeping.
Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that enables us to view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with our website so that we can improve it.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we handle your personal data you can contact us as follows:
Data Protection Officer
Therapists Marketing Solutions
3 Redhill Cottages
Ottery St Mary